Do YOU have a toxic client? And if so, what can you do about it?
If you’re a freelancer you’ll know how draining and demoralising it can be working for a tricky client. But how can you spot one, and when should you walk away from them?
To find out, we interviewed Facebook ads specialist and experienced freelancer Jo Francis for a podcast episode on toxic clients. We wanted to know what are the signs a client may be tricky, and how Jo has handled nightmare clients in the past.
Jo also shares a cautionary tale of giving too much power to one toxic client, and what happened when she took her power back.
This is a must-listen episode for any freelancer! Here’s what you’ll discover in this Get Rich Slow podcast episode:
- The red flags that will help you spot a nightmare client.
- Why a potential client asking for your CV is a bad sign.
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid to ask for payment in advance.
- Why it’s a bad sign if your client moans or gossips about other freelancers.
- Why you should never devote as much as 75% of your time to just one client.
- A dangerous way toxic clients play freelancers off against each other.
- Why you should be wary of a client who asks you to reduce your price.
- And a cautionary tale of Jo’s most toxic client – and how she escaped!
Listen to Toxic Clients with Jo Francis
If you want to make sure that you can spot and avoid potentially difficult clients (and what to do if you are working for a nightmare client) this is the episode for you. And you can listen to the Toxic Clients episode of the Get Rich Slow podcast with Jo Francis here now!