Are you TOO positive? Find out why so many of us are guilty of pleasanteeism, and why it’s so harmful
It’s common to feel you need to put on a brave face if you’re having a difficult time, but at what point do your coping skills become problematic?
In our latest episode of Get Rich Slow we speak to chartered psychologist and LinkedIn’s resilience expert Gemma Leigh Roberts to learn about pleasanteeism. Gemma explains why we’re seeing an epidemic of it right now, and how to cope with it.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this podcast episode:
- What pleasanteeism means, and why it’s so dangerous
- Why many of us feel more alone and are struggling more after lockdowns
- Why a positive mindset and pleasanteeism are very different
- What kind of personality traits make you more prone to pleasanteeism
- How we can protect ourselves against pleasanteeism
- What you can do to support people around you