What questions should you ask in a psychic reading?
When getting a psychic reading, what kind of questions should you ask to get the most out of your session?
There’s no one simple answer to this. Why? Because people visit a psychic reader for many different reasons. It could be that they are dealing with problems in their love life, family situations, job change, financial struggles or something else.
So as a starting point, the tips of questions you ask will relate to what you need help with.
But whatever issue has driven you to a psychic reader, there is some common advice that will help you. And that’s to ask open ended questions. Try not to ask closed questions that lead just to a “yes” or “no” answer. Instead, ask the five Ws: who, what, where, when and why.
These type of questions will help you to get much more out of your psychic reading. If you genuinely do have a closed question and just need a yes or no answer, then make sure you ask directly, knowing you’ll just get a simple, definitive answer.
While a psychic reading in itself isn’t going to magically ‘fix’ what is wrong in your life, it can give you comfort, insight, hope and even direction, which in itself is one of the best gifts to release depression.
What is a psychic reading?
In a psychic reading, a psychic will try to gain information through their advanced perceptive abilities. This is usually through one or more of what is known as the five clair senses:
- Clairvoyance (vision)
- Clairsentience (feeling)
- Claircognisance (factual knowing)
- Clairaudience (hearing)
- Clairalience (smelling)
We usually think of psychic readings as paranormal-based consultations made in return for money. They often take place over the phone (for example, some psychic services offer free minutes), in a home, at an event, or in the psychic’s consultation room. You can have a private, one-to-one session or participate in a group session.
If the psychic knows nothing about you before the session, this is known as a ‘cold’ reading. They will gain all the information for your session from reading your energy and observing your behaviour and characteristics. Sometimes psychics will use tarot cards to assist their reading.
People visit psychics and clairvoyants for answers to questions, and occasionally for healing. We are more likely to turn to a psychic in times of trouble or when feeling lost.
Common questions people ask psychics
So what kind of things do you want a psychic reader to help you with? Here are some of the most common questions they get asked:
- What will my finances look like in the future?
- Will I get the promotion at work?
- What are some things you can tell me about my partner?
- Will my ex come back into my life?
- What does my circle of friends look like?
- When will I have a child?
- When will I get married?
- When will I find a lover?
- When will I find a job?
Now let’s look at the kind of questions you might ask a psychic about different issues.
What questions do people ask psychics about love?
When asking about love, people understandably want to know as much as they can about their love life. Here are some questions you might want to ask about love:
- Will my boyfriend love me forever?
- Will my girlfriend love me forever?
- Will I marry my boyfriend/girlfriend?
- Will my boyfriend/girlfriend and I have children together?
- How can I find my soulmate?
Once your psychic knows the questions you are trying to find out the answers to, they will try to find out if you are going to be with the partner you are with, or if there is another person coming into you life. Psychics can often use their gifts to pick up energies about your love life.
What questions do people ask psychics about their ex?
It’s quite common to wonder about an ex partner. What are they doing right now? Are they okay? Have they met someone new?
If you’ve been worth someone for a long time, or they meant something special to you – especially if you weren’t the one who ended the relationship – it can be hard to get over someone.
Sometimes, after a break-up you might feel angry, upset, confused, betrayed or jealous. Or you might simply miss them.
Here are some common questions people ask psychics about their ex:
- Will my ex and I get back together?
- Has my ex met someone new?
- Why did the relationship that I had with my ex end?
- What am I supposed to learn from my relationship with my ex?
- How can I move forward after this breakup?
- How can I erase my ex from my mind?
- When will I meet my perfect match?
What questions do people ask psychics about their health?
Many people worry about their health. And while it’s always important to go to a doctor with any health concerns and worrying symptoms, sometimes people turn to psychics for reassurance.
Here are some health questions you might wish to ask your psychic:
- What can I do to have a healthy life?
- What changes do I need to make to stay healthy?
- Do I need to change my diet?
- What about my diet do I need to know?
- What are the blocks that need to be removed from my diet?
- Should I avoid anything to live a healthy lifestyle?
What questions do people ask psychics about their family?
Family is a very important part of our life, and their health, happiness and behaviour can significantly impact our own wellbeing and mental health. So it’s quite normal for people to worry about their family, and the challenges they’re going through (or create for us).
We can also miss our loved ones desperately when they’re not with us – whether they’re living far way or have died.
So it’s no surprise that psychics are often asked questions about family members. When you ask questions about your family, make sure they’re open ended. A responsible psychic will try to help you work out your situation so you can move forward in life.
Here are some questions you might want to ask about your family:
- What does the future with my family look like?
- How can I deal with the problems in my family?
- What does the universe want me to know about my family?
- When will I feel better after my divorce?
- What do I need to do to have peace at home?
- How can I deal with my family after divorce?
- How can I be united with the members of my family?
- How can I improve my home to make my relationships stronger?
- How can I avoid divorce in my family?
- How can I get a better relationship with my in-laws?
What questions do people ask psychics about their job?
Starting or looking for a new job? Not happy in the one you have? Considering a career change? Hoping for a promotion or pay rise? There are lots of reasons why you might visit a psychic with questions about your job.
Here are some questions you might want to ask a psychic about your job:
- Should I change my career?
- What should I do about make my boss happy?
- How can I have a better job situation?
- What can the spirits tell me about my job?
- Is it a good idea for me to start my own business?
- Am I going to get the promotion in my job?
- Am I in the right career path?
What questions do people ask psychics about their future?
As you might expect, most sessions with psychics include questions about the future in some form. Indeed, many of the questions we’ve already explored are future-based.
But sometimes you may want to ask more general questions about your future, to get a sense of whether it will be happy, fulfilled, long and abundant. Or whether difficult times lie ahead for you.
Here are some common questions people ask psychics about their future:
- Will my children go to college?
- Do I have a politician in my lineage?
- What do the spirit guides tell you about my future?
- What lucky numbers do I have?
- Will there be tragedy in my future?
- Will I get money from somewhere?
- Will I ever be able to win the lottery?
- Will I live a long life?
- Will I get a sickness or disease?
What questions do people ask psychics about their friends?
Like lovers, friends are important people in our life, and we often invest a great deal of time and emotion into our relationship with them. So we’re naturally devastated when friendships end – and keen to find them if we’re lonely.
Like our romantic relationships, healthy friendships can bring much security and happiness into our lives. And unhealthy friendships can make us miserable. Here are some common questions people ask psychics about friendship:
- Who are the people that are my true friends?
- When I find a new friend what kind of personality should they have?
- Will I have friends if I move away?
- How can I help my friends?
- What types of friends will fit my personality?
- What steps should I take in order to have more friends that are loyal to me?
What to do if you don’t know what questions to ask a psychic
If you’re not sure what to ask a psychic during your reading, then before the session make a list of things you wonder or worry about. Think of the people in your life, and what you worry about for or about them.
And what about your life? Do you have any questions or worries about your career, prospects, health, family, love life or friendships? Is there anything you’d love to have in your life that you don’t know? Or anything you’d like to remove from your life?
Or you can simply talk to your psychic reader during your session and let them read your energies to see what comes up. Sometimes all you need to do is answer their questions as they read your energies.
Find the right psychic for you
A psychic reading is a very personal experience, so make sure you choose well. If you know friends have seen a psychic, ask them about their experience. Did they enjoy it? Did they find it satisfying? Was the psychic able to answer their questions satisfactorily?
You can also research local psychic readers – and the type of readings they give. You should be able to find online reviews of their readings from past customers.
And whoever you see, try to work out what you want from your session before you attend. The clearer you give them guidance on what you want from it, the more they’ll be able to help you.
And at least now you can attend your psychic reading with a prepared list of questions to ask!