10 tips to help you get the best from Facebook business pages
Are you using Facebook for your business? Here are 10 tips to help you get the best from your Facebook business page.
Facebook has become an essential business tool for many businesses today. But how can you make sure you’re not missing any tricks in using it?
We worked with Direct Line for Business to help you make sure that your business uses Facebook effectively, while avoiding potential risks.
Facebook can be great for business
It’s hard to believe that Facebook has been around for less than 11 years – or that pages for business only started rolling out in May 2009.
It feels like Facebook has always been there, and today a Facebook page is virtually a requirement for most businesses. But for all the fantastic opportunities that Facebook offers businesses today, there are also pitfalls.
Yes, social media helps you spread the word about your business to potentially thousands of new customers every day. But it also enables your customers to talk about you too – and if they’re not happy with your service or products, you could quickly have a PR nightmare on your hands. (Just look at United Airlines!)
10 tips for creating a successful Facebook company page
So how can you ensure that your business can make the most of Facebook? And reap all the potential rewards, without falling for some of the common traps?
To help you, here are 10 tips for creating a successful Facebook company page:
- Always keep your profile up to date with the most recent products and information.
- Monitor what your community are saying regularly.
- Respond quickly and efficiently. Remember not to take it personally!
- When possible, encourage people to get in touch with you offline so that their whole customer service issue isn’t aired on a public forum.
- Try to make your posts varied and interesting, and use videos and images when you can.
- Don’t overdo your updates. Try and post a couple of updates a day max.
- Be yourself and keep in line with the personality that you want for your company.
- Encourage your community to engage with you: ask what they think and if they’ve had any good experiences.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with new things. Keep an eye on your analytics, and keep doing what is working well for your community.
- Don’t forget to ask your community to share your page with their friends.
Need more help with social media?
If you need more Facebook or social media tips, take a look at these articles: