As busy working, freelance or business mums, it’s not uncommon for makeup to fall to the bottom of our morning to-do list, and find ourselves hastily smearing on a quick dab of lip gloss as we’re rushing to a meeting or loading the kids into the car for the school run.
But, as with a great outfit, a bit of makeup can pull a look together and give you a polished edge, not to mention an instant mood boost!
So how do you find the time for makeup when you’re juggling babies and children with the demands of work or business deadlines? Makeup Artist Pamela Moss shares her expert tips for a chic and simple makeup look in less than five minutes.
Perfect morning make up in five quick and easy steps
- Start by concealing under your eyes. Nothing says awake more than bright eyes, so use a brightening concealer such as Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat. Apply with the applicator brush and then pat and roll into the skin with your finger tips to cover where it’s needed most.
- Next think about what areas of your skin need the most cover and start there, apply foundation with your fingers or a brush and sweep outwards. For ease of use and minimal blending use a tinted moisturiser which is more forgiving when time is short. Set your T-Zone with a light dusting of a luminous powder if you feel you need it.
- For a super-quick easy eye, apply a cream shadow all over your lids with your finger tip (my all-time favourite is MAC paint pot in Bare Study – it suits everyone), and follow with a good coat of black mascara.
- Next take a cream blusher and apply a small amount to the top of the apples of your cheeks with your fingertip and blend upwards towards your temples. A great product is NARS The Multiple in Portofino. You can even use this for step three if you’re really short on time.
- Apply a sweep of lipstick to your lips with your fingers. This will give you more of a wearable ‘stained’ look and won’t result in too much colour. Either stick to a neutral peach or pink tone, or use your product from step four.
If you have a bit more time and want to add intensity to this look, simply line your upper lash line with a waterproof eyeliner and fill in your brows with a soft brown pencil.
And there you are! Less than five minutes to a fresh-faced glow and you’re ready to take on the day.