“I made the cost of the course back 10 times over from my first launch.” What fashion stylist Sally Smy thought of Create Your First Course
Earlier this year we opened the doors to a brand new course: Create and Sell Your First Course.
Inspired by lockdown, and the devastating impact it was having on people’s businesses, Create and Sell Your First Course teaches business owners and freelancers how to create and sell their first online course.
Already dozens of people have been through the process and are proudly selling their new creations to happy students.
Why did you want to create your own online course?
I’d wanted to do create sort of online product for a long time. I’d seen other stylists create courses and offer them by Zoom, and I was thinking maybe I could do something like that.
Then lockdown happened and it forced my hand – I knew that I couldn’t put off creating an online element any longer.
Why did you choose Create and Sell Your First Course?
I have confidence in Hannah and the courses she’s delivered in the past. I know Hannah has successfully made and sold a lot of online courses and I trust her as somebody that has actually walked the walk.
How did you find the process?
I found the course brilliant. There’s so much in it – everything you need (and lots you didn’t know you needed) to build and sell your course. It’s well structured and guides you through each stage really easily. I wouldn’t have finished my course without doing Create and Sell Your First Course.
I’m really pleased with the finished result, too. I’ve just had my last call today with my first course cohort, and the feedback is really, really positive. There is no way I would have done a course if it wasn’t for Create and Sell Your First Course.
How easy was it to come up with an idea and work out your course structure?
Throughout the course and the weekly calls, my course idea evolved. That would not have happened had I not had that feedback and accountability, so that was really valuable.
Hannah even came up for the name for my course in one of the group calls!
When it came to marketing, how did you find selling your course?
The 14-day marketing plan the course gives us was a dream. The step-by-step structure of how to go about selling your course was so useful. In fact it worked so well I’m going to use it for other campaigns, not just my course!
I’m not from a marketing background, so I loved how the course simplified how to sell and took us through the whole process.
Did you learn anything valuable or surprising from the process?
Hannah’s advice was to sell the course before creating the content. That was a massive shift out of my comfort zone because I like to get things perfect before selling them, and it gave me sleepless nights! But Hannah was right – it helps you to get your course actually done.
Were you happy with your sales?
I’m delighted with signups – I made back the cost of the course more than 10 times over just from my first launch. And the feedback so far has been really positive.
On top of that I’m really pleased with the content structure and how it has turned out.
I thought the whole process was brilliant. It really helped me financially at a time when my business had pretty much ground to a halt during lockdown, and given me something extra to sell even once things get back to normal again.
How we can help you to create your first online course – starting right now!
Love to join Sally in creating and selling your first online course?
Over the past six years we’ve sold hundreds of places on courses, memberships and mastermind classes. We know what works, what doesn’t work, and how to plan, build and sell online products people love.
And we take you through our proven course creation process in Create and Sell Your First Course.
Our four-week programme takes you from course newbie to confident course creator – and even gives you a 14-day marketing template to sell your new course. Here’s what you’ll cover:
- In module one – we show you how to come up with an idea for a course people will love (and buy!), and test and name it.
- In module two – we show you how to structure your course and the lessons within it, making it REALLY easy to build, even if you’re a complete beginner.
- In module three – we show you how to create and build your online course using easy, free technology – and even show you exactly how to use it.
- In module four – we show you how to sell your brilliant new course. We give you our 14-day marketing plan to make it wonderfully simple and show you how to run sales webinars.
- In our bonus module – we guide you through setting up Facebook ads to sell your course, if that’s something you want to do.
“The best investment I’ve made in my business to date”
Here’s what other people in Sally’s cohort said of their experience on Create and Sell Your First Course:
- “This course is by far the best investment I’ve made in my business to date.” Frances Cushway
- “Create and Sell Your First Course offers exceptional value.” Rachel Bunger
- “Hannah has made the whole end-to-end process for creating and selling a course achievable and uncomplicated.” Caroline Would
- “The amount of detail is perfect – you learn everything you need without feeling overwhelmed.” Laura Harmsworth
- “Hannah is excellent at just cutting through the noise and finding you a solution straight away.” Susie Kwok
- “This course literally holds you by the hand through all the steps you need to take.” Aileen Edgar
Love to join them? You can learn more about Create and Sell Your First Course here and get started on your first course when you sign up today.