A braised cod and smoked fish mix seafood recipe you really should try
Taking nutritional value into account, it’s safe to say that we need to consume seafood regularly. Seafood serves as a rich source of, among other essential nutrients, omega-3 fatty acids.
These acids have been shown to provide lots of amazing health benefits. These include; helping to prevent stroke and heart disease, helping to control rheumatoid arthritis, eczema, lupus, and protecting against cancer.
As such, experts recommend eating seafood, at least, twice per week (for both adults and children). Now that you understand the amazing health benefits that come with consuming seafood regularly, you may be trying to think of some fabulous recipe ideas to try. If that’s right, I have an awesome recipe to share with you so that you can get started. The recipe entails braised cod, which is a very delicious sea fish, as the main ingredient.
As a matter of fact, the recipe is relatively popular on New York restaurant menus, where it comes with the necessary ingredients as a full meal kit. Speaking of Sun Basket, did you know that their meal kits are almost totally organic as they deliver 99.9% organic ingredients?
Yes, it’s only when the meal kit delivery service cannot find an organic ingredient or an alternative that it will resort to a non-organic ingredient. It’s due to the organic and GMO-free meal kits that the company has been listed as one of the healthiest meal kit providers.
On the other hand, Seamless, which besides Home Chef, is one of the biggest competitors of Sun Basket, isn’t big on organic food even though they offer a little bit of that. Instead, the company concentrates on what product looks and tastes best. You can check them out too just to weigh your options well before making a subscription (on the example of New York delivery) with a meal kit provider.
Make sure you read the quick comparison to discover the similarities and crucial differences between those meal kit rivals. Once you have the info, you can compare and contrast the two companies with Home Chef to determine a suitable option.
Braised cod with tomatoes, chard, and artichokes
This is a sumptuous cod plus artichoke dish that boasts all the rich flavors of high-quality seafood. It’s lean, clean, and in line with both the Mediterranean and Paleo diets. Carb-conscious, diabetes-friendly, and gluten-free, the protein-rich seafood will provide up to 70% of your daily protein requirements.
Braised cod with tomatoes, chard, and artichokes recipe
- Number of servings: 4 Servings.
- Amount of calories per serving: 390 Kcal.
- Total cook time: 20 minutes.
- Difficulty level: Easy.
What you will need
- A large frying pan.
- A source of heat.
- Olive oil, enough to cook the dish.
- A paper towel.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 4 wild cod fillets about 6 oz. each(you can also use Alaskan halibut fillets or salmon fillets of the same quantity and size).
- 2 organic yellow onions.
- ¼ lb. organic chard.
- 1 tsp. Aleppo chile flakes (optional).
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts.
- ½ cup roasted red peppers.
- Black olive relish made by pureeing; black olives, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, cashews, and garlic.
- Tomato sauce base made with tomatoes, tomato paste, and garlic.
Step 1: Wash the fresh produce before use.
Step 2: Prep and cook the vegetables and tomato sauce:
- First, peel and cut the yellow onions in half lengthwise, then into ½-inch-thick half-moons crosswise.
- Then, chop the artichoke hearts.
- Next, remove any seeds from the roasted red peppers.
- After that, coarsely chop any large pieces of the red peppers into smaller pieces.
- Now, strip the chard leaves from the stems.
- Thereafter, coarsely chop the chard leaves and stems, separately.
- Next, add 2 tbsp. olive oil to the large frying pan.
- Now, turn on the burner and heat the oil over medium heat until hot enough.
- Then, add the artichokes, chard stems(NOT LEAVES), onion slices, roasted red pepper slices, and as much Aleppo chile as desired to the hot oil.
- After that, season the vegetable mixture with salt and pepper and let cook while stirring occasionally for 3- 4 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften.
- Then add ½ -1 cup water, the chard leaves, and the tomato sauce base to the soft vegetable mixture, and continue to cook while stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes, or until the leaves have wilted and the sauce is slightly thickened.
Step 3: Meanwhile, prepare the fish:
- Begin by patting the fish fillets dry with the paper towel.
- Next, season the fillets with salt and pepper.
- Then, add the fillets to the pan, nestling them into the sauce.
- Now, bring the fillets-vegetables-tomato-sauce mixture to a boil, before reducing heat to a simmer and cooking for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the fillets are opaque and flaky.
- After that, remove the pan from the heat.
- Next, stir in the black olive relish, followed by salt and pepper to taste.
Step 4: Serve and enjoy the dish:
- Transfer the cooked cod fillets, vegetables, and sauce to individual bowls.
- Drizzle each bowl with 1 tsp. oil(optional) and enjoy!
Nutritional value per serving
- Protein: 35g (70% DV).
- Carbohydrates: 25g (8% DV).
- Total Fat: 17g (26% DV).
- Fiber: 6g (24% DV).
- Total sugars: 10g.
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV).
- odium: 650mg (27% DV).
- Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV).
We hope you enjoy this delicious and healthy seafood recipe
Seafood is delicious (especially if cooked well), and abundant with amazing health benefits. That’s why experts recommend consuming it at least twice weekly. You can get a good variety of seafood like lobster delivery from online shops.
Planning to add it to your diet? If yes, that’s cute and mine is to support your dietary efforts with knowledge, including showing you how to make some of the most amazing seafood delicacies such as braised cod with tomatoes, chard, and artichokes. With that said, good luck cooking the recipe.