When to start using CBD if you’re a breastfeeding mom
Are you a breastfeeding mom considering using CBD? Find out when it’s safe to start – and what type you should buy.
Medically, it is not recommended to use CBD when pregnant. However, many new mothers want to resume using cannabidiol oil and other CBD products once they give birth – and they need to know when it’s safe to do so.
With increasingly accurate information, breastfeeding moms are able to find out when and how they can use these products for their health, while safeguarding the health of their babies.
So why might a new mom want to use CBD? The reasons vary, but the most common ones are:
- To reduce anxiety and stress
- To reduce back and joint pain
- To mitigate inflammation
- To deal with insomnia
- To manage chronic illnesses such as cancer and seizures
Will CBD be present in your breast milk?
Unsurprisingly, this is one of the first questions breastfeeding mothers ask when considering resuming CBD, as they don’t want to pass THC onto their baby.
However, the research is unclear about this issue at the moment. What is evident is that THC can pass through breast milk and cause harm to the baby. As such, CBD oil that contains traces of THC is not recommended while breastfeeding.
According to research, mothers should try to use THC-free, organic CBD products, and then only in moderation. This means buying from reliable sellers to avoid compromised products. Better still, you can buy CBD hemp flower and extract pure CBD at home. If you want to try this, you can find hemp flower for sale here.
If you aren’t sure of whether the CBD products you want to use will have an effect on your baby, it is better to stop using them or carry out more research. You can also consult with a medical expert to understand the best action to take.
Choosing CBD products for breastfeeding mothers
The key is in using pure CBD in moderation. For this reason, CBD oil is better than CBD concentrates. Always ensure that you take a low dose, and follow these guidelines when buying:
- Buy from known sources – Reputable sellers are always known and praised everywhere by previous users. If you are confident that a certain seller is the best, choose their products and stick to them.
- Read the labels – Manufacturers indicate the source of the CBD, the concentration levels, and other ingredients that are used. We have already mentioned that THC-free CBD products are the best. Above all, ensure that there are no traces of harmful additives that can compromise the health of your baby and that they are not expired.
- Get CBD that is tested – There are numerous third-party testing companies that endorse healthy and user-friendly products. This is what you should aim at getting when you become a mother.
Wait six months after giving birth
The primary consideration when consuming anything as a breastfeeding mother is keeping your baby safe.
So if you’re considering used CBD, wait until six months after you give birth, if possible, as this is a crucial time to build the immunity of your baby with breast milk.
Photo by Wes Hicks