How to look expensive on a budget
There is no need to spend a fortune to look great. You can look classy, chic, elegant, and awesome… and on a budget too.
Get the look for less and you will be able to save money. Procedures like the non-invasive belly coolsculpting or cryolipolysis will help you lose fat and look trimmer.
Six ways to look expensive, regardless of your budget
It is easy to look great and expensive if you have plenty of money. Buy from the top brands and show off your style. The trick is to have that same expensive look but without spending all that cash. This is extremely doable. Here are six key secrets to making your wardrobe look expensive on a budget.
1) Invest in fewer staple pieces
Fashion staples are very important for any woman. They make the foundation of the outfit. The focus here should always be quality and not quantity. Be a minimalist and have only what you need – but make sure that you have the best pieces. Buy only when you are sure that it will complement your wardrobe. This will help you get the look for less.
You will spend more if you buy only high-quality pieces, but you can be sure that they will last longer, which means, you will eventually save money. You will also be able to sell them off if you want and get decent money for them. Pricier items will often sell better.
Choose quality staples like a blazer, leather jacket, trench coat, the classic black dress, leather flats, basic tees, pairs of jeans, and a tote bag.
2) Tailor everything
Tailor everything to match your style and preferences. This also includes wearing the right makeup, having the correct hair style that will go with the shape of your face, and carrying the right accessories:
- Take care of your body – Workout to stay healthy. Eat healthy food. If you have a broader waistline, you can consider belly coolsculpting. This non-invasive body contouring procedure can reduce 20% to 30% fat from the tummy region. You will lose many inches, which will surely make you look better.
- Get the perfect fit – Oversized or too-tight clothing has the potential to ruin a perfect good look. So, make sure to visit the tailor and ask for the necessary adjustments if you have gained or lost inches from the tummy. The perfect fit is very important naturally for female clothing.
3) Find the right fabrics
It is also important that you select the right fabrics. To save money, you can buy at the end of season sale or from websites like Facebook Marketplace and Poshmark. But make sure to purchase a luxurious material that will last for a long time.
Cotton, silk, linen, cashmere, and wool are all good. Some wool, like 100% cashmere and yak wool, will surely be expensive. To style on a budget, you can select a product with 10% cashmere that is blended with another material. It will still look expensive but you will be able to stay within budget.
4) Steam or press
Always steam or press the clothing before wearing. This will make it look good. Crushed clothing, no matter what the fabric, quality of the material, or style, is always going to look bad.
5) Invest in a great coat
We are going out again since the pandemic is over. It is time to check the condition of your coat. Buy a new one if needed because a great coat is sure to make you look good. For transitional wear, you can select from a black blazer or a camel trench. Select from the following –
- Wool-blend trench coat
- Lightweight trench coat
- Button downs
6) Buy and sell used
Clothes that make you look rich will almost always cost more. But there is a trick that will still help you save. Look at the buy & sell sites. You will be surprised to know that there are many items that look “like new”. You may even be able to save up to 50% in these places.
Sometimes, these products are even available with the tags. You can wear them for one season and then sell off. If you have used them gently, you may even be able to make a profit. In these sites, you can find sweaters, shoes, designer handbags, neutral staples, and many classic pieces.
How can I look expensive but simple?
Wear natural colors. When you wear neutrals, you will look classy and expensive. It is okay to wear a bold color sometimes. However, neutrals offer many more outfit combinations. If you are looking for cheap outfit ideas and want to wear neutrals, then you can pick from these – white, black brown, taupe, olive green, and grey.
These are all very versatile shades and will help you put together a fantastic outfit. Remember, neutrals go well with many colors. So, it is always a good idea to have them in your wardrobe. Neutrals are also never going out of style, so you can be sure that you will keep looking trendy.
1) Monochrome it out
Go monochrome if you have any doubt – these simple fashion tips will help you immensely. Carry a bag, wear minimal jewelry, and a pair of trendy sunglasses if you are not sure about your outfit.
2) Focus on a flattering fit
Always make sure that your clothing is fitting you properly. Polished outfits are always well-tailored. They will highlight your curves. So, when you update your wardrobe, avoid buying overly tight or baggy clothing. Make sure that what you wear looks flattering on you.
You can wear a high-rise bottom if you have an hourglass figure. This is going to accentuate your waistline. On the other hand, visit the tailor to get the best hemlines if you are short.
How can I look expensive and classy?
You can look classy by showing off your sophisticated and chic style, and yet by staying simple. Classy luxury outfits appear like they have been put together effortlessly. When planning such an outfit, consider both the fit and fabric. Don’t overdo. It will seem like you are forcing the issue.
1) Add a blazer
Add a blazer to your wardrobe. It is one of the best pieces that can make you look classy and chic. You don’t have to spend a lot of money for this.
2) Keep accessories sleek and to a minimum
Great accessories can elevate a simple outfit and make it look awesome. Stick with sleek and dainty accessories that are good for daily use like croissant earrings, a gold chain bracelet, or a drop necklace.
Accessories for dresses ideas also include sunglasses, handbags, and shoes. They will all make your outfit look expensive while still staying minimal. You can find very good budget versions for all of them.
- Wear understated jewelry – A gold oval link bracelet, paperclip necklace, and dome hoop earring can look good. But make sure to be selective. Pick the pieces and color you like. It should complement your overall look.
- Carry a structured bag – There are many designer label bags but they are not for you if you want budget style. A top-handle neutral-toned handbag is chic and sleek. It is an everyday essential too. You can also carry a tellie bag, mini top-handle bag, or a lee radziwill bag.
- Add a belt – The belt is often a key overlooked accessory. But it can seriously upgrade almost all outfits. So buy one if you don’t already have a quality belt. You can choose from a classic belt, chunky skinny leather belt, or a croc-effect belt.
- Go incognito with sunglasses – Look glamorous by wearing an oversized sunglass. Even the simplest outfit can look fabulous. You can choose from an aviator, cat-eye, or riley.
3) Add the statement pieces
Finally, add the statement pieces to look fabulous. Must-have statement pieces for the wardrobe include a clutch, faux fur coat, a georgette dress, a dotted jacket, a hat, and heels. You can get all of them within budget and still appear wealthy and high class.
Small tweaks can give you big results. It is easy to get expensive looking outfits if you are willing to spend big money. It is not necessary. A wealthy outfit may not always make you look the best. You can look chic and expensive even without spending all those dollars.