Four of the most impressive convention stands – and how to make YOURS stand out
If trade shows are a huge contributing factor to the success of your business, then you need to ensure that you have a stand that draws the crowds.
It’s no good turning up with a mediocre display, hoping to win potential customers over with your charm and wit. Because who’s going to come rushing over to a mediocre display in the first place?
You need to be the first thing that people notice when they walk into a room, regardless of its size. Your stand should be a treat for all the senses, an awesome spectacle for all to enjoy. So, why not enlist the help of professional exhibition stand builders?
To give you a bit of inspiration, here are four of the most impressive conventions stands we’ve ever seen.
1) The Trion: Defiance stand at the Gadget Show Live 2013 in Birmingham, UK
This awesome display looked more like a film set or a ride at a theme park than a convention stand at a trade show. It featured larger than life futuristic figures that you could climb into and try out the new game for yourself. It’s no wonder there was a constant crowd gathered.
2) The Nature’s Path stand at the Natural Products Expo West 2015 in Anaheim, USA
Any stand that sets itself up to look like a giant tree house is bound to get people interested enough to come over to find out more. Reflecting the food company’s natural ‘roots’, the entire display was sustainably made using renewable and recycled materials and low-voltage LEDs.
3) The Nintendo stand at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2012 in Los Angeles, USA
The bright lights alone on this booth were enough to draw people’s attentions and have them gather around to find out more about Nintendo’s latest games offering. It’s important to be visually appealing from afar when competing against other big-name brands.
4) The Glocal Design Magazine
stand at Habitat Expo 2011 in Mexico City, Mexico
It’s hardly surprising that a magazine design company should have a stand as impressive as their day-to-day work. This 258 square-foot display was a colourful kaleidoscope of MDF in the form of, you’ve guessed it, a huge magazine stand.
Six tips to help you design a convention stand that performs
If you’re looking to create a convention stand that delivers the desired impact (attracting potential customers and ultimately driving sales) here are six tips that will help make it a success.
- Opt for a design that’s going to stand-out above all others, whether that’s using bold colours, bright lights or attention-grabbing shapes and structures.
- Once people have been drawn to you, engage them with friendly – not too salesy – conversation.
- Use interactive display or games to hold people’s interest and make them fall in love with your brand.
- Set up a photo booth or have a polaroid camera and a photo wall. People love nothing more than taking photos, so it’s a fun way to get people involved with your stand.
- Have useful, branded merchandise to give away. Not just pens and notepads, but things like reusable water bottles with your company name and logo on will go down a treat.
- Make sign-up to your products and services quick and easy. If you have a long, drawn-out process, filling out forms and questionnaires, you’re going to lose people’s interest and, ultimately, lose a sale. So, make things as concise and to the point as possible to keep potential customers keen.
Now you know what convention stands work best, what big plans do you have in mind for your next trade show?