Discover the simple solution to getting paid on time
Need to chase a late payment from a freelance client or business customer? Find out how our new Getting Paid Kit will help you.
If you’re a freelancer or small business you’ll know how time consuming and stressful it is chasing late payments. And just plain unfair – after all you’ve completed your work or delivered your products on time. Now you deserve to be paid.
But all too often, instead of payments we just get excuses. Here are the top 10 excuses for not paying invoices according to ContractorUK:
- I can’t afford to pay you until my customers pay me.
- The cheque’s in the post.
- I’m not paying, there’s a dispute.
- I have not received the invoice.
- I returned the invoice.
- The authorised signatory for the cheque is not in the office.
- The director/owner has died.
- We have ceased trading/are in liquidation/receivership.
- You will have to wait until we have paid higher priority suppliers/creditors.
- I’m in the process of changing banks.
How many of these have you heard (or are being told right now)? We’ve certainly been told a few!
You deserve to be paid in full and on time
We believe that you deserve to be paid on full and on time for the work you have done. And to help you increase the chance of this happening we’ve got a very simple solution: the Getting Paid Kit.
Inside it you’ll find everything you need to handle excuses (like those above) and make sure the money that’s rightfully yours ends up in your bank account. Here’s how we help you get paid:
- Know your legal rights – we outline your legal rights to get paid for the work you have done.
- Plan a credit control strategy – the best way to handle late payments is not to let them GET late in the first place! We teach you how to implement a credit control strategy to make it easier to collect payments on time (and stop some of the excuses above).
- Handle clients who don’t pay properly – if a payment is late, we take you through the process of chasing it up.
- Send the ‘magic’ debt recovery letter – if all else fails, we equip you with a solicitor’s debt recovery letter template to send. We call this the ‘magic letter’ because it’s never failed for us. This template on its own is worth the cost of the kit.
Need to chase money now? Buy this kit
We really wish there was no need for us to create this kit. But with nearly 10 years of freelancing behind us, and five years of running a small business we know the stress and time it can take to get paid.
And we want to make it easier for you. So if you need to chase an unpaid invoice, save yourself time, stress and money and buy the Getting Paid Kit – and let us help you.