Car accident claims and rollover accidents: Legal guidance
Being involved in a car accident can be a distressing experience, causing both emotional and physical harm to the victims.
However, when a car accident leads to a rollover, the consequences can be even more devastating. Rollover accidents often result in severe injuries and tragically, sometimes even fatalities.
If you or someone you care about has been affected by a rollover accident, it is vital to comprehend your rights and seek guidance from a personal injury attorney.
Understanding rollover accidents
Rollover accidents happen when a vehicle flips onto its side or roof during a collision. These incidents can occur due to a variety of factors, including:
- Collisions at high speeds: Rollovers are more likely to happen when vehicles are traveling at excessive speeds.
- Vehicles with higher centers of gravity: SUVs, trucks, and vans have an increased risk of rollovers due to their higher center of gravity.
- Tire blowouts: A blown-out tire can cause the driver to lose control of the vehicle and result in a rollover.
- Tripping hazards: Obstacles like curbs, guardrails, or uneven road surfaces that catch the tire and cause the vehicle to overturn can lead to rollovers.
How a personal injury lawyer can help
It’s crucial to seek advice and call a lawyer after a car accident if you or someone you care about has been involved in a rollover accident and suffered injuries from it. A personal injury attorney can assist you in navigating the legal process and safeguarding your rights. Here are some of the steps they will take:
- Conduct an investigation: Your lawyer will conduct an inquiry into the incident, gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and determining who is at fault.
- Identify parties: In rollover accidents, multiple parties could be held accountable, such as the driver, vehicle manufacturer, government entity responsible for road maintenance, or other negligent individuals.
- Build a case: Your attorney will diligently work on building a case on your behalf. This entails collecting evidence, consulting experts when necessary, and compiling records.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: Insurance companies often try to undervalue claims. Your lawyer will handle all negotiations with insurers to ensure that you receive just compensation for your injuries.
- Pursue action if needed: If reaching a settlement is not possible through negotiation alone, your attorney will be prepared to file a lawsuit on your behalf and represent you in court.
Proving liability in rollover accidents can be complicated and typically requires an investigation along with expertise from accident reconstruction specialists. In the event of a rollover accident, there are multiple parties that may potentially bear responsibility:
- Drivers: If the accident occurred due to the negligence of another driver, they could be held accountable for any resulting damages.
- Vehicle manufacturers: If there was a flaw in the design or manufacturing of the vehicle that contributed to the rollover, the manufacturer might be held responsible.
- Government entities: If the accident was caused by poor road conditions or inadequate signage, a government entity responsible for road maintenance could be held liable.
- Service and repair shops: If inadequate maintenance or faulty repair work played a role in the accident, the shop responsible could be held accountable.
In cases involving rollover accidents, victims may have various avenues for compensation, including:
- Expenses: This encompasses present and future medical costs associated with the accident, such as hospitalization expenses, surgeries, rehabilitation programs, and ongoing therapies.
- Lost wages: If you missed work due to the accident or experienced reduced earning capacity as a result, you might be entitled to compensation for lost wages.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation can be awarded for physical pain, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment in life due to the accident.
- Property damage: You can seek compensation to cover the costs of repairing or replacing your vehicle and any other property that was damaged.
- Death: If a rollover accident leads to the loss of a loved one, you may have the right to seek compensation for funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and the emotional toll of losing companionship.
The right legal guidance will protect your rights
Rollover accidents can cause devastation for both victims and their families. It is crucial to seek guidance from a personal injury attorney who will ensure your rights are protected and you receive the compensation you deserve.
They will carefully investigate the accident, determine liability, build a case, negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, and take action if necessary. With their expertise at work, you can focus on your recovery while they navigate the complexities of the process for you.