An ultimate guide to achieving sparkling windows in commercial building
Window cleaning is the process of removing dirt, grime, and debris from both interior and exterior glass surfaces on buildings.
For commercial buildings, regular professional window cleaning services are crucial for maintaining aesthetics, letting in natural light, and allowing clear sightlines. Proper window cleaning also improves curb appeal and projects a professional image for businesses.
What does window cleaning include?
Here’s what commercial window cleaning includes.
Exterior window cleaning
The exterior of windows can collect a buildup of dirt, grime, dust, pollen, rainwater minerals, and environmental pollutants:
Wash windows with a mild, eco-friendly cleaning solution using rags, squeegees, or a window scrubber brush. The solution helps lift dirt and debris from the glass. Use a water-fed pole to reach the second story and other hard-to-access windows. The pole has a specialised brush at the end and a hose running the whole length to clean the windows from debris or dirt.
Interior window cleaning
Interior window cleaning removes smudges, fingerprints, dust, and dirt that accumulate on the inside glass surfaces:
Clean window frames and sills by dusting and wiping down with a microfiber cloth. Use glass cleaner and lint-free cloths to wipe down interior window surfaces. Cleaners help cut through oily smudges. Use a cleaning solution specifically formulated to dissolve those stains on contact for hard water spots and mineral deposits. Clean both sides of multi-paned windows and in between panes if accessible.
When booking a professional window cleaning service, ask what is included in their standard package. Reputable window cleaning companies will thoroughly clean interior and exterior glass, screens, sills, and frames. Adding services like power washing or chandelier cleaning provides an even deeper clean for your home’s windows and surrounding surfaces.
Choose the professional window cleaner for your home
Choosing the right window cleaner for your home is essential to ensure your windows are cleaned properly without causing any damage. Here are some tips on how to select the best window cleaning service:
- Ask for referrals from friends, neighbours, or colleagues for window cleaners they have used and were satisfied with. Word-of-mouth recommendations are precious.
- Verify that the window cleaning company is licenced, insured, and bonded. This protects you in case of any damages.
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning products to look for window cleaners with the proper equipment. Pressure washers, telescopic poles, squeegees, etc, allow them to clean windows safely.
- Ask about the cleaning process and chemicals used. Steer clear of companies that use harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that could ruin window treatments.
- Get a written quote that lists exactly what services will be provided and the fees. Get an estimate for both indoor and outdoor window cleaning.
- Make sure the window cleaners are experienced and well-trained. Ask how long they have been in business. Companies with several years or decades of experience will likely do the best job.
Benefits of professional window cleaning
Hiring a professional window cleaning service offers several advantages over cleaning windows yourself. First, professionals have the proper equipment and tools to reach tall windows and thoroughly clean all surfaces.
They use extendable poles, lift equipment, and strong cleaning solutions that most homeowners lack. This allows them to clean exterior windows safely and efficiently without relying on dangerous ladders or DIY cleaning mixtures.
Clean windows are vital for commercial buildings
Clean windows are vital for any commercial building, impacting aesthetics, energy efficiency, safety, and occupant health and productivity. By hiring a professional window cleaner in Cold Coast, you can maintain spotless windows that positively contribute to your business or organisation. Your building makes the best impression when its windows are crystal clear.