Your 30-second guide to building a blog audience for free
We’ve already shared our experiences with paid advertising, and how we eventually learned how to build an audience for free. Now we’ve compiled a quick, 30-second guide to our best tips.
So if you’re looking for ways to promote your website or blog on a budget, and are keen to learn how you can reach thousands of people every month for free, you should find some great tips in our guide.
Learn how to build a blog audience for free in 30 seconds
To rapidly grow your blog audience without paying a penny for advertising, follow these eight steps:
- Get on Twitter – read up on best practice and take the time and effort to build a good engaged following.
- Engage on Facebook – find pages your audience like and start commenting on and liking their updates.
- Tweak your updates – play with format, times and wording to see what gets the best response.
- Own your fans – move followers and fans off social media platforms and onto your site or mailing list.
- Understand SEO – make sure you use your keywords in your copy, but keep it readable.
- Reach out to other bloggers – ask if you can swap blog posts to reach each other’s audience and get links.
- Comment on blogs – find popular blogs in your niche and write interesting comments to get noticed.
- Analyse your traffic – learn what types of blog posts and headlines are most popular and where your readers come from, and do more of what works.
Read more great blogging tips on our site
Get help to implement our blogging tactics with these articles:
- Read a beginner’s guide to Twitter for business.
- Learn how to write SEO copy.
- Discover the secret of writing powerful headlines.
- Find out how to write a blog people will want to read.
- Seven reasons why you need an email marketing list.
- 12 easy steps to writing a brilliant newsletter.
If you’d like to read more about each step, and how you can act on them, you can read our full article (plus our wins and fails with paid advertising!) here.