Planning your autumn wardrobe? 10 fashion trends to inspire you
Already planning your autumn wardrobe? Check out these 10 key autumn trends for inspiration.
It’s official: summer is over. And as balmy as the weather has been the last few weeks, it won’t be long before we’re kicking through leaves and dreaming of steaming mugs of hot chocolate again.
All of which means one thing – it’s time to start thinking of your autumn/winter wardrobe (if you haven’t already started).
Whatever the season, there’s one important element that never goes out of style. And that’s your own personality. Over and above all changing trends, you should always choose the pieces and outfits that best represent you. Clothes you feel comfortable in.
10 autumn fashion trends for 2016
And the good news is that A/W 2016 brings with it plenty of different trends to choose from. Here are 10 to inspired you.
- Cubism – fashion often takes its inspiration from the art world, so this season’s Cubism love affair (Escada, Tori Burch and Marni) is no huge surprise.
- Off-the-shoulder-tops – according to ASOS and the Washington Post, off-the-shoulder tops are having a moment. Wear it on its own in the evening, or team with a pinafore in the day for a more comfortable look.
- The pinstripe suit – Elle have hailed A/W 2016 as the season of the pinstripe. Which is great news as they lengthen and slim every body type, apparently. We love pairing our pinstripe trousers with trainers for a more dressed down look.
- Velvet – velvet is everywhere this season. Vogue notes that velvet dresses were the ‘mainstay’ of many collections this season, while Harpers Bazaar are coveting velvet boots.
- Military – from Burberry to D&G and Gucci, everyone’s loving the military look this season – from tiny military touches, to full-on embellished jackets. Team your jacket with a vintage leather briefcase and laptop bags to give it an edge.
- Tights – according to Vogue Paris, tights are ‘upping their game’ this season. Forget plain jane black, this season the best dressed legs will be in geometric shapes and sexy lace.
- Patches – from multicoloured fur jackets and playful patches to mixing and matching styles and textures, this season everyone’s into patchwork of some description, it seems.
- Trousers under skirts and dresses – from the red carpet to the high street, the latest celeb favourite look is coming your way!
- Future folk – the future is here apparently and it is… folk-inspired fashion! Mixing traditional fabrics and looks with futuristic shapes and textures is just so A/W 2016.
- Tartan – the kids are back at school, and so it seems are we! Tartan blazers (“Reminiscent of private school uniforms”) are a key men’s fashion trend this season, and tailored tartan, houndstooth, plaid, tartan and gingham were all over the womenswear catwalks too.