Five tips to help you plan an amazing destination wedding
Weddings are extraordinary events. They are all about celebrating the love and happiness with the person you choose to spend your life with and your close friends and family.
Marriage is your promise to be together forever, sharing each other’s company and experiences, growing old together, and raising a family. Planning a destination wedding is not just about celebrating the event and ensuring everything goes smoothly.
More importantly, it’s about choosing a place that celebrates your sense of style, where nature seems to enhance and compliment any elements of the wedding theme you might have chosen, giving it that extra magic touch.
Arranging an amazing destination wedding is not an easy task, but we are here to assist if you want to do it all on your own. Here are some tips to help calm the groom/bridezilla in you.
1) Pick a destination
Selecting a destination that works for you and your guests can be difficult, especially when so many choices exist. As mentioned above, the destination should speak volumes of your individuality and sense of style.
You can fly off to Hawaii and plan a beach wedding. Or, if you’re a mountain-lover, you might as well consider renting some of the best Gatlinburg cabins for yourself and your guests to enjoy the mountainous scenery and the rustic nature.
But is it this simple? If you want to plan an amazing destination wedding, here are some tips for selecting a destination that will work for you and your guests.
- Consider your budget – The first thing to consider when planning a destination wedding is the budget. If you are on a tight budget, you may also want to consider other destinations. On the other hand, if you have more money than time, it would be best to look into booking one of the more expensive resorts in your area.
- Traveling ease – It is important to remember how comfortable your guests will be traveling there. Your guests may not be as excited about traveling as you are; when choosing a location, consider what works well for them.
- Make sure there’s space for everyone to relax – If your guest list is large, make sure there is enough room at the resort for everyone to relax and enjoy themselves. When planning this event, finding rooms with enough space for everyone can be challenging.
- Safety and security – Whether air or car travel, safety and security are always important factors when considering where to host your wedding. Make sure that the area has sufficient medical care facilities if needed and has an airport or other transportation options available.
2) Find out if the resort offers a wedding organizer
The wedding planner will save you time and stress by handling all the details. They can help you with questions regarding your wedding plans and offer suggestions on where to go, what to eat and where to stay. Ask about their services to get a feel for their level of expertise. You may want to ensure that your wedding planner has experience in destination weddings so they can help you plan a perfect day for both of you.
If the resort you’re considering has a wedding planner, ask if they offer a package that includes the wedding organizer. You might get a discount if you decide to book one of their preferred vendors.
If not, consider meeting with other vendors simultaneously and asking them to submit estimates. This will give you a sense of what other vendors in the area charge and make it easier for you to make a comparison.
3) Work with a travel agent
Engaging a travel agent to help you plan your destination wedding is one of the best ways to ensure you have everything you need when you need it.
- A travel agent can help you decide on the most appropriate dates and destinations for your wedding, including seasons and weather conditions.
- They can book accommodations for you on behalf of your guests. This ensures that everyone has a place to stay while they’re in town!
- They are well-versed in transportation options and can arrange rides from one place to another, so everyone has a comfortable ride.
- They can get you the best deals on flights, hotels, and other services that complement your wedding day.
- They will help you make the most out of your budget by finding lower rates on flights, rental cars, etc.
4) Get officially married prior to the wedding
If you are planning a destination wedding, you are likely not planning to get “officially” married before you reach your destination. Most couples choose to have their ceremony nearby the hotel or resort where they will be staying. Unfortunately, you might have to encounter legalities.
Every location has a unique set of laws and a residency period before you can lawfully marry. So we recommend you file the necessary documents to get legally married in your hometown before leaving for your destination.
5) Just have fun
The planning process is one of the most stressful parts of a wedding. It can feel like there are so many details to keep track of, especially if you’re planning from afar. The big day is right around the corner, and it can be easy to forget that your marriage is about so much more than the destination of where you’ll be saying “I do.”
But it doesn’t have to be this way! Planning a destination wedding is about celebrating the love between two people, and it’s about you and your spouse sharing your day with those closest to you. It’s important to remember that your destination wedding is not just about where you’re getting married, but rather an important part of your relationship.
Planning for a destination wedding can provide an opportunity for you to create memories with your loved ones that will last a lifetime. Just enjoy this day to the fullest!
Plan the destination wedding of your dreams
If you’re dreaming of a destination wedding, you probably have a lot to plan and consider, so we hope these tips help things run more smoothly. One of the best-kept secrets to planning any wedding is getting organized ahead of time, which is true even for destination weddings.
So if you’re ready to start planning your wedding, use these tips to ensure everything turns out as you had hoped. We wish all the newly engaged couples the best of luck in planning their wedding day—may it be an amazing one to remember for a lifetime.