Who can you nominate for the Timewise Power 50 awards?
Do you know a flexible hero you can nominate for the Timewise Power 50 awards? Maybe a colleague or friend (or even yourself?!) who works part time? Or an employer who supports flexibility?
Our friends over at Timewise have spend the last 10 years championing flexible working – and the workplace is finally catching-up. But if flexibilty is to become the new normal, it needs to start at the top. Real, lasting change will only happen if there’s a big shift in the number of senior leaders who work this way.
They have launched their new Timewise Power 50 awards, and are looking for nominations for the UK’s top flexible stars. They will also be highlighting inspirational employers with an innovative approach to making flexibility work. The panel of judges – which includes some of the UK’s most prominent business leaders – will then choose the best of the best to create the Timewise Power 50 for 2018.
Who can enter?
Entries for the Timewise Power 50 awards will be judged under the following categories. Please note, there isn’t a fixed quota for each category; they will simply select the best 50 individiduals or pairs:
- Power Part Timers – leaders who demonstrate successful flexibility in action by working at a senior level four days or fewer per week.
- Power Climbers – middle managers who are tipped for the top, progressing their careers whilst working four days or fewer per week.
- Power Job Sharers – a pair of senior individuals who work together in a job share or job split, showing by example that two heads can be better than one.
- Power Returners – professional people who have returned from a career break of two years or more into a senior role on a part-time or flexible basis. May have come via a returner programme or other routes.
- Power Founders – small business founders who have used their start-up status to give themselves the chance to work flexibly. Nominees must have been trading for a minimum of two years (no sole traders) and have an annual turnover above £500,000.
Two more awards for flexible employers
There are also two separate awards for employers:
- The Employer Award for Flexible Job Design – organisations with a strong track record of creating jobs with built-in flexibility to suit employer and employees alike, rather than taking a cookie cutter approach.
- The Employer Award for Flexible Hiring – organisations which are consistently willing to offer flexibility at the point of hire, and aren’t afraid to shout about it.
To submit a nomination, click here. Entries close on Friday 3 November. Help Timewise tell the stories of today’s Flexible Britain!