Back to work in style! Our three favourite outfits from Jigsaw’s AW 2016 workwear collection
It’s hard to believe that the summer is nearly over and we’ll soon be getting the kids ready to go back to school. But it is, and they are.
So, even though temperatures have been hitting the high 20s recently, you may want to turn your attention to the new AW season and update your work uniform.
And just in time, Jigsaw have launched a capsule collection of contemporary workwear pieces, to banish the morning conundrum of what to wear.
Our fashion editor, Karen Skagerlind, has had a look at the collection, and put together three stylish outfits from it, to help you get the perfect office look.
My tips for AW 2016 styling
But first, here are Karen’s tips on the new AW 2016 look:
- This AW sees a return to mannish tailoring with slim line jackets and cropped trousers taking centre stage. Hard edges are softened with soft knits, silk shirts and details such as frills and pleats on blouses.
- Sleeveless jackets or short sleeved knits make the transition into autumn easier, and when it gets chillier you can swap out your slim line jacket for a pastel coatigan.
- A must-have for the new season is the silk knit polo neck jumper, worn on its own or under a shift dress or sleeveless jacket.
- Key trouser shapes are the wide leg flannel trouser and cropped flares. Keep slim trousers cropped and team with brogues or be truly on trend with a round toe suede block heel.
- Leather white pumps work well with tailoring for those that have a relaxed workwear dress code, or can be worn for comfort commutes and exchanged for a heel when at your desk.
- Keep your capsule wardrobe versatile with dark neutrals such as deep plum, which looks great with light greys and navy and gives your current wardrobe a new colour injection.
- Stick to luxury textures; Italian woven cloths, 100% silk fabrics and pure new wool will give your work attire the polished finish it needs so that you can get on with the business to hand.
My three favourite Jigsaw workwear outfits
If you’re looking for stylish AW 2016 workwear outfits, here are three of my favourites from the Jigsaw collection.
Silk cotton polo neck jumper – Mink (£89) Shop now
Wool flannel crop trouser – Camel (£119) Shop now
Olivia Cross strap trainer –White (£98) Shop now
Blake Leather Backpack – Smoke (£179) Shop now
Wool Flannel London Jacket – Winter Plum (£189) Shop now
Silk shirt – Ivory (£98) Shop now
Wool Flannel London trouser – Winter Plum (£119) Shop now
Gigi Loafer mule – Black (£129) Shop now
Sculpted jumper – Ink (£129) Shop now
Prince of Wales London trouser – Charcoal (£129) Shop now
Medina Cutaway brogue – Brown (£129) Shop now
Sponsored post by fashion editor Karen Skagerlind.