When you start your own business as a working mum, you need to consider the possibility that the day may come when you need to hire in extra help.
To get you started as an employer, we list six things you need to do:
- Make sure your new employee has the legal right to work in the UK.
- Decide how much you will pay them (you must pay at least the National Minimum Wage).
- Ensure you have employers’ liability insurance.
- Send your new employee written details of their job, including terms and conditions.
- Register as an employer with HMRC.
- Provide your employee with a statement of their pay, including details of deductions for tax, National Insurance and student loan repayments.